random banner

Friday, June 11, 2010

Pinball

I know I've been slow at posting during the past week but I actually have been working on things and will have some progress reports to post shortly. In the mean time I figured I'd try to take some decent pictures of the new pinball machine I recently acquired. It's called Scared Stiff and it's themed around Elvira, Mistress of the Dark™. When I was but a wee lad I loved Movie Macabre and the first pinball machine I ever fell in love with (and actually remember playing excessively) was Elvira and the Party Monsters so it's pretty rad that I was able to track down this machine.

On top of it being super fun to play the artwork is absolutely amazing (done by Greg Freres). The quality of the artwork on most pinball machines never fails to amaze me and Scared Stiff is one of my favorites, along with others like Creature From The Black Lagoon, Monster Bash, Diner, and pretty much every classic Gottlieb, Williams and Bally game. It's amazing how much detail is on the playfield yet everything is still readable and organized in a very sensible way. I'd love to make art for pinball games but sadly the business is essentially dead.






No comments:

Post a Comment